We invite potential workshop organizers to submit their proposal by 16th November in the New SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format Format.
The maximum length is 2,000 words (see the submission templates page for guidance on how word counts should be calculated). Proposals should address the following points:
- Aims and scope of the workshop
- Format & draft schedule indicating which kinds of sessions you intend to include
- Type(s) of submissions/contributions that will be solicited
- Plans for disseminating the call for contributions and attracting participants (e.g., list of institutions, research projects or communities which are affiliated with the workshop, and from which you expect contributions)
- Short bios of the organizers
Organizers of accepted workshops are responsible for setting up a workshop website. They may ask any kind of contribution to be submitted by workshop participants in advance (e.g. full papers, short papers, posters, demonstrators, videos). These contributions will be published in the TVX2019 adjunct proceedings. Abstracts of the accepted workshops will be published by ACM and indexed by the ACM Digital Library. Workshop organizers are responsible for setting up a submission system and for organizing the review process.
All workshop proposals will be rigorously evaluated with respect to their quality, relevance, and suitability for the conference. Accepted workshops might be cancelled or merged with another workshop that addresses a similar topic, or if too few attendees (fewer than 8) register.